A quick update of news you can use as the weather warms up and you start dreaming of summer:)
1) Summer 2017 Dues Invoices. The invoices for this summer’s membership dues went out yesterday via email to all current members. Payment of this year’s dues must be completed by April 24 in order to avoid late fees.
If you have any questions about your invoice or membership status, please contact Membership Director Kathleen Enright.
2) Lifeguard Positions this Summer. As noted in the Winter letter and at last month’s Annual Meeting, we have many young pool members interested in joining the staff and do our best to accommodate them, but please note that we simply can’t hire everyone. Anyone interested in guarding — even if returning from 2016 — should email Board Members Joe Carnell and Nancy Enderby (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 31, 2017.
3) Spring Clean-Up is May 6-7. Help us get the pool ready for Opening Day — many hands make for light work all around, and there’s plenty to do! We’ll be getting the grounds spruced up, moving the furniture, and cleaning out the buildings to make the pool your summer refuge on Day One. Volunteers can sign up for particular jobs here on SignupGenius, or just come on down with your friends and kids and help us out.
4) Summer Cookbook. This summer, pool volunteers Beth Ginter, Lara Morford, Michele Rovins and Nancye Bonomo want to help you answer the perennial question, “What’s For Dinner?” They’re putting together the forthcoming Poolside Potluck cookbook, a collection of recipes from Glenwood members. Assuming that we get enough recipes, the cookbook will be available in an e-book format this summer.
We invite you to share your favorite recipes for poolside dining — it could be ribs on the grill, a nice cool salad for a hot night, a favorite pasta from the swim team pasta pep rally, a 4th of July specialty, or some other fabulous concoction. Include a few words about each recipe explaining its source, serving suggestions, or how it is connected to Glenwood. All recipes should travel well or be appropriate for preparing at the pool.
Submit up to 5 recipes by sending each in a Word document to email@example.com by Sunday, April 2, 2017. Please do not submit a recipe exactly as published elsewhere. Making just one change allows us to publish it legally — read here for more details and helpful hints about how to submit your recipes.
5) Annual Meeting Minutes. ICYMI,* you’ll find the draft synopsis of the minutes from the February 2017 Annual meeting here.
7) Calling All MOG (Men of Glenwood). Save the date — mark your calendar for April 29 Work Day at the pool. More details to come, but I’m guessing chainsaws are welcome and libations (AFTER using the chainsaws) encouraged.
See you at the pool!
*ICYMI = in case you missed it, for those of you not conversant with texting acronyms