updated JULY 2018
Group Swim Lessons
Group lessons begin in June and run Monday through Friday at 11:30, 12:00, or 12:30. (Non-members are welcome, but we ask that they check out after their lessons, before 1:15pm.
Screening and Registration
Your child must be screened by an instructor prior to being enrolled in group lessons. Even if your child has participated in group lessons in the past, they must be re-evaluated this year in order to assess their skill level.
Sunday, July 8 2:00-4:00 pm (Session 3)
In order to enroll in your desired session, your child must be screened prior to these deadlines to guarantee them a spot.
Session 3: Wednesday, July 11 at 1:00 pm
Note: if you cannot make a screening date prior to the session in which you would like to enroll your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an alternative screening time. Your child MUST be screened by the registration deadline in order to enroll in that session.
Session Dates and Deadlines
Session 2: Monday, July 2 to Friday, July 13. Screening/Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, 6/27, 1 pm There will be no lessons on Wednesday, July 4
Session 3: Monday, July 16 to Friday, July 27. Screening/Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, 7/11, 1 pm.
We offer five levels of lessons:
- Pre-beginners – typically 3-5 year olds, uncomfortable with the water and likely no previous formal lesson instruction.
- Beginner 1 – usually 4-6 year olds comfortable with the water, but not as confident in their strokes.
- Beginner 2 – tends to be 5-8 year olds focused on becoming competent in freestyle and possibly backstroke.
- Beginner 3 – typically 6-9 year olds who have knowledge of freestyle and backstroke and will work to refine those strokes, and possibly learn breaststroke.
- Advanced Beginner – usually kids 6 years old and up refining their freestyle and backstroke, and just learning butterfly and breaststroke.
Your child will be assigned a level at the registration/screening.
Cost: $60 for members, $75 for non-members per session; please bring a check to the registration.
For more information, stop by the pool and speak with the lessons coordinators, Sean Hennigan and/or Emily Mayfield, or send an email to email@example.com.