We request that members limit themselves to 1-2 reserved blocks per week, and only one of those reserved blocks be on the weekend (Friday pm through Sunday pm). Please do not reserve more than one weekend block.
How to Make a Reservation
1) Reservations will open each Thursday evening at 9 pm for scheduling the following Friday through Thursday week.
2) Be sure you are logged into your member account on Membersplash – you cannot access the reservation calendar without logging in. Remember that your dues need to be paid in full in order to make a reservation.
3) Once you are logged in, you will see a button in the top right hand corner labeled “Reserve time at the Big G. ” Click on that button to see the “Make a Reservation” calendar. Hovering your mouse on a particular time block lets you see how many spaces are available to reserve each day.
- Days with a green bar indicate more than 75% of the total number of spots are available.
- Days with a yellow bar indicate that fewer than 75% of the spots are available.
- Days that have passed or are fully booked will be grayed out.
4) To reserve time, click on the day and time block you wish to reserve. You will then get a pop-up of members on your account. Click on the names of each member you want to bring, then click “Book It” to confirm your reservation.
5) You may review, modify, or cancel your reserved time slots under the “My Reservations” tab on your account page. Note that this is a different link than the one used to make your reservation. (Your account page is accessed using “Manage Account” along the green bar at the top of any page. “My Reservations” is found on the light blue bar above your family’s names.) The following functions sometimes do not work after the start of a reserved time block, so please try to modify/cancel in advance.
- To Cancel: Under “My Reservations” you may cancel a reservation using the red “Cancel” button.
- To Modify: You also can remove or add family members to an existing reservation by using the blue “Manage” button.
6) When you check in at the pool, staff will be able to see which members on your account are “reserved” for that block.
1) When do reservations open for this weekend? Reservations will open each Thursday evening at 9 pm for scheduling the following Friday through Thursday week.
2) Do I have to arrive at the beginning of my reservation block? No, you may arrive at any time during your reserved block. Each member for whom you have reserved a slot is checked in separately.
3) If I pack up everything and leave before the end of my reservation block, may I re-enter without checking in? No. Once a member leaves, they must re-enter on a walk-in basis and check in as space is available.
4) What if I reserve time and decide I can’t use it? Please be considerate and cancel your reservation. It frees up the possibility for someone else to reserve that time. To cancel, access your reservations at the “My Reservations” tab on your account page and click on “cancel.”
5) If I have a reserved AM block but want to return to the pool for the following PM block, am I allowed to? Yes, but only as a walk-in.
6) What if I want to change the number of slots I have reserved for a time block? Go to “My Reservations” in your account. You can remove or add family members to an existing reservation by using the blue “Manage” button. These functions sometimes do not work after the start of a reserved time block.
7) What happens if I reserve more than 1 weekend block or 2 reservations in a week? You will receive a warning; after that, extra reservations are subject to cancellation without notice.
8) Why are you only allowing reservations a week at a time? Will you change the time block parameters? We think reserving one week at a time continues to work best, as we’ve already had a number of people make reservations and not show up or forget to cancel them. Remember that walk-in space has consistently been available, based on our first three weeks of data.