Updated June 10, 2021 We are very excited to launch our new online screening and registration process!
Group Swim Lessons:
Group lessons begin in June and run Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m., 12 noon, or 12:30 p.m. (Non-members are welcome, but we ask that they check out within 30 minutes after their lesson.)
Session Dates and Deadlines:
Session 1: Monday, June 21 to Friday, July 2 Registration DEADLINE: Thursday, June 17 at 7 p.m.
Session 2: Monday, July 5 to Friday, July 16 Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 30 at 1 p.m.
Session 3: Monday, July 19 to Friday, July 30 Registration DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 14 at 1 p.m.
We offer five levels of lessons:
- Pre-beginners – typically 3-5 year olds, uncomfortable with the water and likely no previous formal lesson instruction.
- Beginner 1 – usually 4-6 year olds comfortable with the water, but not as confident in their strokes.
- Beginner 2 – tends to be 5-8 year olds focused on becoming competent in freestyle and possibly backstroke.
- Beginner 3 – typically 6-9 year olds who have knowledge of freestyle and backstroke and will work to refine those strokes, and possibly learn breaststroke.
- Advanced Beginner – usually kids 6 years old & up refining their freestyle and backstroke, and just learning butterfly and breaststroke.
Registration is online this year, and you will select the level you think is most appropriate for your child. Instructors may make level adjustments during the first day of class. Please reach out to the lessons coordinator, Ryann Cuddy, by sending an email to email@example.com if you have questions about which level is most appropriate for your child.
- Cost: $70 for members (per child, per session) $90 for non-members (per child, per session)
Pay online when you register your child.
Lesson groups will be posted at the pool by 7 p.m. the Friday prior to the start of the new session.
Interested in private lessons? Talk to any current Glenwood lifeguard or coach to arrange lessons directly.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.